Any Ideas On Implementing USB on MOD5282?

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
Mark

Any Ideas On Implementing USB on MOD5282?

Post by Mark »

Hello,

Quick question - Any recommendations out there for a reference design/chipset that could be used to implement USB2x in the MOD5282? I hate to reinvent the wheel of someone has already accomplished a working design and wouldn't mind sharing. The current idea that I have is to use a Cyprus USB device on the second serial port of the MOD5282.

Mark
Mark

Re: Any Ideas On Implementing USB on MOD5282?

Post by Mark »

Answered my own question this weekend - we will be using a Silicon Labs device, the CP 210x. This device provides transparent USB connectivity via a serial port, with little board design/components, and little driver effort.

https://www.silabs.com/products/interfa ... fault.aspx
lgitlitz

Post by lgitlitz »

We recently updated the MOD-DEV-100. The new board has a CP2102 for USB to serial. We will likely be putting this on all development boards eventually. I am attaching the schematic and PCB for this new dev board. Another change for the USB design was our switching power supply. We needed to change to a new design that allowed for a 5V input voltage. Also changed to the new RTC and SD socket since the old parts were EOL. The jumpers were changed to make them easy to figure out without looking at documentation. A few other changes but nothing worth mentioning yet.

-Larry
Attachments
ModDev-100CR-SCH-R1p12.pdf
MOD-DEV-100R1p12 Schematic
(192.72 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
ModDev-100CR-PCB-R1p12.pdf
MOD-DEV-100R1p12 PCB
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
Mark

Post by Mark »

Larry,

Great minds think alike! ;)

Thanks for the update. Will you put a process into place that we could swap/purchase boards?

Since you are in the re-design process, is there any way that you could provide the capability to customers to reflash the core? The reason that I ask this is that I recently wiped one of our MOD5282 cores learning how to update networking parameters.

Mark
Ran_Talbott

Post by Ran_Talbott »

"Implementing USB" covers a multitude of sins.

Do you want the Netburner to appear as a peripheral to a PC? Or look like a PC to some USB-based peripheral?

Ran