Best source of SB70 GPIOs ?

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
mirov

Best source of SB70 GPIOs ?

Post by mirov »

I need a few GPIOs on my SB70. Ideally I'd use some of the pins
available on the serial header J5. Can those pins be used as GPIOs ?
If so, anyone got a few lines of code to set/get those pin values?

Thanks, -Russ
Ran_Talbott

Re: Best source of SB70 GPIOs ?

Post by Ran_Talbott »

I have SB72s, not SB70, but I think the SB70 also has 4 unstuffed pads next to J5 that are connected to PC0-PC3.

There's an appnote on the netburner.com site about using them. I believe there's sample code included (I can't share mine because it belongs to the client I wrote it for, but it's trivial).

Be warned that two of the pads are blocked by the shell of the supplied 10-pin jumper connector. If you're using the adapter board for the power supply and RS-232 buffer and connectors, this is a problem. Luckily, the system I'm using these in now only needs 2 GPIO pins, but I'm thinking about making a custom jumper with a 14-pin connector on one end, and splitting out 4 wires from the ribbon cable for access to the GPIO pins.

Ran
sb70koll

Re: Best source of SB70 GPIOs ?

Post by sb70koll »

Hi,

I looked at my SB70 (rev1.3) board and I do not find the pads. The location is stuffed with resistors.

On the other hand I do see three pads above the MCF5270. One of them isn't connected, so there are maybe two pad that are connect to some in/output pin. The big disadvantage is that I did not find a circuit description between the SB70 documention.

Regards,

SB70Koll
Kind regards, sb70koll
Simplicity is my middle name - Danny Glover - Predator II