NAN054415 Program Upload Issue

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
dciliske

Re: NAN054415 Program Upload Issue

Post by dciliske »

By the way, it's extremely gratifying to hear someone mention that they'll be building off of something I made! There's some features that I'd like to add to the WavPlayer, but are somewhat complicated to implement, so I haven't done them yet (working on more pressing matters). Let me know if there's any feature you need that's missing.

-Dan

PS. I'm the guy who you hear in the example...
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dan,

Very nice work! Thank you for putting time into creating this demo; this is what sells the NB product/company, and this is why I have used it in so many projects. I have a many ideas on what I would like to try to implement into this project, but they may not be applicable to the greater audience. For instance:

1) Adding a TCP/IP socket server to remotely control the solution, similar to what is implemented on the serial port.
2) Adding a web page that allows the solution to be controlled via the browser.
3) Adding a recording capability.
4) Adding a scripting capability that plays all files under a specified directory.
5) Incorporating a LCD control interface, similar to the VersaModule.

I hear you on the more pressing matters, the only time that I get to play with my R&D activities is late in the evening. I'm usually so tired by then that I can barely get the computer turned on!

Maybe we should communicate through some of these ideas offline?

Mark
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Interesting that you mention some of those... as #3 and #5 exist. You'll find the recording capability in the 'PeriodicAD' example. As for #5, take a look at the "Interactive Kiosk" article under the learn section of the website: http://www.netburner.com/learn/129-buil ... tive-kiosk

I think you can use the Telnet example to get #1 started. #2 is really just building the website and adding in the web callable functions. As for #4, I think you'll see a framework for doing this in the code for the kiosk demo.

With that, I think you've got all the pieces to put stuff together...

-Dan
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

On a side note: If you are going to be using both the DAC and ADCs, you will need a low impedance source (i.e. buffer) for ADC channels 1 and 2 if using DAC0 and channels 5 and 6 if using DAC 1. This is due to an assumed errata currently being investigated on the MCF5441X; channels 0 and 4 appear to be unaffected.
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dan,

Thanks very much for these inputs. I am sure that I will come across many more hurdles as I attempt to pull all pieces together.

Mark