Problems with Secondary MOD54415 Unit

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
salavi

Problems with Secondary MOD54415 Unit

Post by salavi »

Hello,

I have an application successfully running on a MOD54415. I purchased another unit to keep as a spare. When I compile and run the code on the second unit, I no longer have any UDP communication. I still have a working webserver, which shows the other functions are working (DIO, IRQ, TIMERS).

Do I have to configure the new unit somehow, maybe enter its mac address somewhere to enable the UDP communication?

Thanks,
Shahrukh
dciliske

Re: Problems with Secondary MOD54415 Unit

Post by dciliske »

Can you elaborate a little on your setup? Because, no UDP should still be working. My initial thought is that you have assigned the same IP address to both and that your getting screwed up due to that somehow. Otherwise, I can't think of what the cause might be.
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
salavi

Post by salavi »

Hello,

I am only using one netburner at a time so they can't have IP conflicts (they do have the same IP address as it is meant to be a drop-in replacement).

I tried the built in UDP send/receive example on the new unit and that worked. But when I download my original code, it doesn't work on the new unit (still works fine on the first unit)

Shahrukh
seulater

Post by seulater »

Try rebooting your router. I have ran into issues like this before when my router would associate the MAC of a device to the IP. When i plugged in a new device with the same IP as the last the router would not allow traffic to pass through because there was that mapping made.
ecasey

Post by ecasey »

Try the second unit with a different IP address. If that works, then it is most likely your router.
salavi

Post by salavi »

Thanks for the suggestions.

No router in this equation, just using a cross-over cable directly to my computer. I tried both resetting the computer and changing the IP address, still no luck.

After a little more investigation I have found that their seems to be an issue with the second unit broadcasting to the entire subnet. If I send packets to 132.246.192.123 (my computer) I receive them, but when I send them to 132.246.192.255 I don't see them. Same issue with sending to the netburner. It sees packets sent directly to 132.246.192.28 (netburner IP) but not anything broadcast over 132.246.192.255. Do I need to enable broadcasting somewhere?
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

What is the configured subnet?
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
pbreed

Post by pbreed »

This is most likely a difference in how the network masks are configured on the two units.
salavi

Post by salavi »

The problem was with the network mask.
Thanks for the help,

Shahrukh