CB34-EX: Not going to bootmonitor mode

Discussion to talk about hardware related topics only.
rameshsatyavaram05

CB34-EX: Not going to bootmonitor mode

Post by rameshsatyavaram05 »

Hi,
I am working with CB34-EX netburner hardware. Initially i was able to go to boot monitor mode by entering 'A' character on terminal while power reset to the module. But not it is not going to boot monitor mode. Could any one help me on this?

Thank you,
Ramesh.
Chris Ruff

Re: CB34-EX: Not going to bootmonitor mode

Post by Chris Ruff »

it sounds like the time-to-boot value was shortened. Press shift'A' REAL FAST and you should be ok
Chris
Real Programmers don't comment their code. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand
rameshsatyavaram05

Post by rameshsatyavaram05 »

Thanks for your reply.

I am sending continuous 'A' characters and resetting power to netburner device. It is not going to boot monitor mode. Few days back when i used this device initially, it used to go but now it is not goinb to boot monitor mode after chaning the application.

Could you help on this?

Thank you,
Ramesh.
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Sounds like the monitor is set to boot to the monitor, rather than to the application.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

You can change the boot up behavior through IPSetup. Load ipsetup and select your device. Click advanced. What is your boot delay set to? Default is 2 seconds. You can also change the behavior by unselecting the checkbox "Boot to application". When not checked, your device will always boot to the monitor first.
Forrest Stanley
Project Engineer
NetBurner, Inc

NetBurner Learn Articles: http://www.netburner.com/learn