MOD54415 Apparently Dead After Programming IP Address

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
cfavreau

MOD54415 Apparently Dead After Programming IP Address

Post by cfavreau »

I have MOD54415 that I was experimenting with proragramming the IP Address and Netmask. I think I set the IP Address to 0.0.0.0 and the Net Mask to 0.0.0.0. It may have set some other random parameters in the configuration structure. I am not sure. It powers up however and the network appears to functions however there is no response using the IPSetup utility and no bootloader showing on any of the serial ports. I am using the development board. Is there anyway to force factory default boot settings? Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks.
dciliske

Re: MOD54415 Apparently Dead After Programming IP Address

Post by dciliske »

Steps to recover from that are:

A) When booting the device, drop into the Boot Monitor by sending it the character 'A' over the console port. You can then use the setup menu to reset the ip addresses. You can also use autoupdate to load a new application, or use the FLA command to load an app over the serial port.

B) If for some reason this doesn't work, power up the device while shorting the TP1 jumper near the ethernet jack. This will drop the module into the alternate boot monitor. You can then use the setup menu to reset the ip addresses. You can also use autoupdate to load a new application, or use the FLA command to load an app over the serial port.

-Dan
Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc
rpugel

Post by rpugel »

Okay dciliske, so I am having this same issue except I hadn't connected the serial cable to the device prior to uploading the bad code so it doesn't seem to show up in MTTTY (for example, I cannot type "A" and nothing appears when I boot). Any ideas on how to get it to show up?
Thanks
sulliwk06

Post by sulliwk06 »

rpugel wrote:Okay dciliske, so I am having this same issue except I hadn't connected the serial cable to the device prior to uploading the bad code so it doesn't seem to show up in MTTTY (for example, I cannot type "A" and nothing appears when I boot). Any ideas on how to get it to show up?
Thanks
Did you try the alternate boot monitor jumper (option B in the previous post). I've ruined my config record several times and that alternate boot monitor always helps me get out of it.
dciliske

Post by dciliske »

Dan Ciliske
Project Engineer
Netburner, Inc