Rebuild system isn't working

Discussion to talk about software related topics only.
v8dave

Rebuild system isn't working

Post by v8dave »

Hi All,

I tried to seach the forum but it keeps telling me my words are too common so I gave up and decided to post anyway so sorry if this has been covered before.

I made a few changes to PPP.CPP to do some testing and I tried to rebuild the system files but it keeps giving me an error. It worked before on my old WinXP machine.

I suspect this is a Windows 7 admin rights issue but the directory is not in one of the secure locations. It is located in the root of C as per standard installation.

When I select the project I am working with so that NB Eclipse knows what platform I am using, and then select Rebuild modified or Full system rebuild, I get the following error.

Code: Select all

'Clean and rebuild system files' has encountered a problem.

Error: Build Error during buildSystemLibs. See build console for details.
Now, in the console I see this:

Code: Select all

MAKE Version 5.2  Copyright (c) 1987, 1999 Inprise Corp.
Error makefile 68: Command syntax error
*** 1 errors during make ***
I have checked all settings for the directory and they are fine. NB Eclipse runs as admin rights too.

Any ideas how to get this going again?

Cheers.
Dave...
mhoyt

Re: Rebuild system isn't working

Post by mhoyt »

Hi Dave,

It looks like Windows is picking the wrong make utility. The copyright on your command line make utility (Copyright (c) 1987, 1999 Inprise Corp.) tells me you have your path set such that the Borland/Inprise command line tools are ahead of the GNU tools. Both toolsets have a make.exe.

Edit your Windows system path (I believe this is accessible under the Control Panel / System / Advanced / Environment Variables) to have the Netburner paths before of the Borland/Inprise path.

--Mike
v8dave

Post by v8dave »

Hah... well spotted Mike.

Changed the path and now it works again!

Cheers
Dave...
Ridgeglider

Post by Ridgeglider »

Good call!